Typesense Plugin and Free Searches in Wordpress
TLDR Alexander asked about free search capability and Wordpress compatibility with Typesense. Kishore Nallan and Jason confirmed these, but mentioned the Typesense Wordpress plugin is in alpha stage, inviting Alexander to alpha test it. Later, they shared the published plugin link.
Oct 06, 2021 (25 months ago)
1. Can I do free search? I have a DB of wine with different facets like grapes, cispness, taste description. Would my users be able to write “I’m looking for a crispy white wine from France” and it would read all these fields and find it?
2. Can your system index and use custom post types and fields in Wordpress? Or is it just standard posts and pages?
Kishore Nallan01:21 PM
2. We don't have a wordpress plugin. The indexing post posts have to be managed outside using the PHP client.
2. You have one here? https://github.com/typesense/typesense-wordpress-plugin
Kishore Nallan01:39 PM
2. It is still in alpha stages, and is not yet ready to be used. It's open source, so if you're down for it, we can collaborate on getting it ready for use.
Kishore Nallan01:52 PM
I’m not sure if it will or will not work with custom post types. It’s a fork of the Algolia WP plugin with just enough changes to get it to work with Typesense. So need to see if the original plugin supports it.
Jan 05, 2022 (22 months ago)
Here's a link to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-with-typesense/.
Indexed 2779 threads (79% resolved)
Query on Working WordPress Plugin for Typesense
Stefan wanted a working WordPress plugin for Typesense. Kishore Nallan asked for community help in resolving plugin conflicts on GitHub, while Jason shared that a working plugin was now in the WordPress directory.
Inquiring about Typesense Plugin for Wordpress
Prateek seeks alternatives to Algolia, inquiring about a Typesense plugin for Wordpress. Carl and Jason discuss the possibilities and Jason proposes alpha testing a solution. Prateek agrees under the condition that testing isn't on the live website.
Integrating TypeSense with WooCommerce
Fabio inquired about any existing or in-progress projects for integrating TypeSense with WooCommerce. Jason made them aware of a community-driven effort and suggested adding their support to it. Fabio revealed they had initiated the project, but lacked assistance. They decided to restart work on the project. Jason suggested modeling the integration after an existing WordPress plugin.
Inquiry on Typesense Wordpress Plugin Functionality
Sean asked about Wordpress plugin functionality for backend searching. Digamber advised extending the plugin for custom post types and indexing forms, providing a tutorial link.
Announcement: General Availability of Typesense v0.25.0
Jason announces release of Typesense v0.25.0, listing new features. Users express excitement and ask pertinent questions. Gorkem, Manuel, and Daniel commend the team for the new functionalities. Manish and Tugay share their positive experiences with Typesense. Jason and Kishore Nallan answer questions and thank users for their feedback.